Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Graduation of 2011

So, on June 3rd at 7:00 or somewhere around there I officially graduated. Kind of. I only received the diploma cover really. Anyways, this graduation was pretty sweet despite the fact that we had gray clouds hovering over us the entire duration of the event. It really pissed me off when it started to sprinkle at the beginning. 

I have to say that this graduation ceremony was pretty cool compared to most others. First, I go to a small school and the graduating class came in at only around 100 students. I didn't have to stand there and wait for 500 or a 1000 students to get their diploma cover. We had very few staff speeches, thankfully. The Valedictorian speeches were the best though. We had four Valedictorians and they were all girls. The speeches all had an interconnected theme: the Four Horsewomen instead of the Four Horsemen. It was sweet. XD

After the ceremony and the hectic Take-Pictures-With-All-of-Your-Friends episode, we had Sober Grad. That was cool, too. A free dinner coupled with a two-hour bus ride. The bus had comfy seats much to my relief. Tried to get some sleep on the way down to the "Mystery Location" but everybody kept singing. Yeah, they didn't exactly tell us where Sober Grad was going to be, they just told us it was going to be awesome and everyone should go. I am so glad I did. Hopefully, no underclassmen from the school is reading this cause I would hate to spoil the surprise if they repeated this for next year.

Basically, Sober Grad took place on a party train... yes, a full out party train with a dance floor, gambling corner, free food, a magician (who would certainly Blow your Mind), a caricaturist (person who does caricatures), and more free food. I think pretty much everybody got a caricature of themselves since it was "free". Actually it wasn't since you had to pay for sober grad but whatever. I'll upload that soon since I love it so much. I actually spent most of my time in the gambling hall learning how the play Texas Hold'em. Poker is a new hobby now. YAY! Took me about three rounds to catch on to how the game was played. After that I just took off....and lost. It was still super fun though. That dealer made my night. I will, hopefully, always remember him. 

After about 5-6 hours of partying until 4:00 in the morning, we all had to get back on the bus for another 2-hour drive back home. I think it is safe to say that Everyone went to sleep on our bus, since we had two of them. We got free blanket's too. I love free stuff. $-$ Once I got home I went to sleep for about ten hours, woke up, went to dinner and bowling, and then went to sleep for another nine hours. Life was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment